FLIR OCEAN SCOUT 240
PORTABLE THERMAL NIGHT VISION
Ocean Scout is a rugged, compact thermal night vision camera that reveals other vessels, landmarks, buoys, and floating debris day or night. Equipped with a high-resolution LCD display and FLIR’s industry-leading sensor technology, Ocean Scout puts enhanced situational awareness in your hand at a moment’s notice.
- See marine traffic and navigational aids at night.
- Quickly scan your surroundings for other vessels.
- Easily recognize buoys in river channels or open water.
- Detect key landmarks like islands or docks.
- Navigate with confidence day or night.
- Avoid obstacles, such as exposed rocks, floating logs, ice, and other debris.
- Be aware of kayakers, personal watercraft, and small boats without lights.
- Detect marine mammals on the surface of the water.
- A lifesaving tool for a “man overboard” emergency.
- Locate the body heat of anyone in the water.
- Quickly recognize people and pets overboard.
- InstAlert™ mode highlights the hottest objects in red.
FLIR OCEAN SCOUT FEATURES
Intuitive, three-button design that’s meant to be controlled with one hand
Crisp, High Resolution Display
Choose from 240 × 180, 336 × 256, or 640 × 512 high resolution LCD displays
Enhanced Heat Alert
Palette options: White Hot, Black Hot, or InstAlert™ for the fastest identification of people or animals in the water
|Spectral Band||LWIR | 7.5 µm – 13.5 µm|
|Built-in Display||640 × 480 LCD Display|
|Field of View||24°(H) × 18°(V)
Horizontal x Vertical
|Resolution||240 x 180 Pixels|
|Drop Test Rating||1 m|
|Sensitivity/NEdT||<50 mK @ f/1.0|
|Detector Type||240 × 180 VOx Microbolometer|
|Focal Length||13mm Fixed Focus|
|Weight||With Lens: 12 oz (340 g)|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||6.70" x 2.31" x 2.44"|
|Warranty||2 years standard, 3 years with product registration|
|IMAGING & OPTICAL|
|Brightness||Adjusts Display Brightness Setting|
|Image Polarity||White Hot/Black Hot/InstAlert ™ ; Selectable|
|Image Processing||FLIR Proprietary Digital Detail Enhancement ™|
|Refresh Rate||<9 Hz or 30 Hz|
|Polarity Control [black hot & white hot]||White Hot/Black Hot/InstAlert ™ ; Selectable|
|Time to Image||< 1.5 seconds|
|Operating Temperature Range||-4 ° F to 122 ° F (-20 ° C to 50 ° C)|
|Storage Temperature Range||-40 ° F to 140 ° F (-40 ° C to 60 ° C)|
|Battery Life (Operating)||> 5 Hours|
|Battery Type||Internal Li-Ion Cell|
|Black Hot & White Hot||BH/WH/InstAlert™|
|Task LIght||LED Enabled during Power off state|
|Power Button||On / Off|
|Detect Man (1.8m x 0.5m)||1,150ft. (350m)|
|Detect Small Vessel (4.0m x 1.5m)||2,940 ft (895m)|
|What's In The Box||Handheld Thermal Camera, USB Power Adapter/Charger, Wrist strap,
Custom Video out cable (320 & 640 versions), USB Cable, Quick Start Guide, Molle bag